Yoga Alliance certified Yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India at Shiv Siddh Yog Peeth will change you from beginner to an advanced practitioner. Course is best for those who want to explore more after beginners yoga teacher training. Join Us for this unique experience. Visit www.shivsiddhyogpeeth.com
#Sarvangasana is an inversion used at the end of a yoga practice in order to encourage cleansing blood flow throughout the body and to promote an inner sense of calm. The term comes from the Sanskrit sarva, meaning "all," anga, meaning "limb," and asana, meaning "pose" or "posture
How to do Sarvangasana
Follow these easy steps to do sarvangasana. After finishing practice go to Savasana (Corpse Pose).
1. Lie on the carpet with legs together.
2. Raise the legs to an angle of 90 degree. Now press the floor with your palms, lift the waist and bring the legs forward. Then keep them vertical to the ground.
3. Bend the hands, hold the waist with the palms, balancing and raise the legs to an angle of 90 degree to the floor. Body and legs should ne straight vertical to the floor.
4. The whole weight of the body resting on the shoulder blade and adjust if it is not straight. Rest the elbow on the floor with palms supporting the body.
5. Maintain the pose up to 50 or to 100 counts. Eyes should see the toe nail. Legs should not move.
6. Lower the legs toe and back. Take the hands from the back and place it on the floor. Briskly bring the back to the floor, the legs and lie down.
7. Take rest and do it again. After finishing two rounds do savasana (corpse pose).
Health Benefits of Sarvangasana
These are the most important health benefits of sarvangasana.
1. Blood circulatory system, respiratory system and digestive system will be vivified.
2. While practicing this yoga pose more blood flows into throat, thyroid gland will be invigorated.
3. Sexual disorders are cured easily.
4. It rectifies disorders in ears, nose and throat.
5. Diseases at the bottom and around the heels are cured.
6. Hair loss and premature graying of hair are put to end or controlled.
7. Diseases caused in and around groin (also called as hernia) area will be cured.